Woods will be ready for US Open, he says





A view of Tiger Woods as he walks off the 8th ...

Tiger Woods was interviewed by Chick Hernandez of Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic and he said he will be back for the US Open. However, Woods has not specified a return date considering the injuries to his Achilles and left knee.

“I’ll be ready. No doubt, I’ll be ready. I’ll be back pretty soon,” Woods said in the interview, which airs in full on CSN Mid-Atlantic on Wednesday at 6pm ET during SportsNet Central.

Hernandez was the moderator/emcee in a question and answer session in Las Vegas, ahead of the Tiger Jam benefit concert by Tiger Woods at the Mandalay Bay and the interview could have been conducted here.

Woods’ injury has been aggravated during the third round of The Master when he slipped under the Eisenhower tree.

“It didn’t feel very good. I was trying not to limp, not to hobble. There was a hitch in the giddy-up, but it’s healing nicely,” he said.

Woods said he as wearing the walking boot was not a fashion statement but a precautionary measure.

“The walking boot – it’s not comfortable. It’s not a cool thing.”

While Woods did not give a specific date when he will get back to playing golf, the schedule suggests that it will most likely be the Memorial or The Players. However, Woods has until 5pm ET on Friday to decide if he will tee at the TPC Sawgrass.

For now, the 35-year old Woods is still elated with the result of his annual fund raising project for the Tiger Woods foundation, which raised over $1 million. Woods hosted the Tiger Jam and was supported by male musicians including John Mayer and Keith Urban.

Woods, who was wearing a black jacket over a black and white shirt, posed with Mayer and Urban when they arrived at the Mandalay Bay where the fund raising event has been held for the past decade except last year when it was cancelled due to the cheating scandal involving Woods.